Shallow Sport has an unconventional approach to designing and engineering center console sportfishing boats. The 32 X3 has a trimaran hull that leans into turns like a monohull. Although it is primarily built for fishing, the Shallow Sport 32 X3 offers a few concessions to comfort, such as a forward-facing lounge in front of the console. And with the advanced technology of twin 300-horsepower Evinrude E-TEC G2 outboards, the Shallow Sport 32 X3 can get to the bite with speed and efficiency.
- Trimaran hull with dual tunnels
- 50-gallon livewell with clear lid
- Forward casting platform
- 4 in-deck fishboxes
- Walk-in console
- Fresh and saltwater washdown
- 6 gunwale-mounted rod holders, 4 on starboard and 2 on the port side
- 8” pull-up stainless-steel cleats
- 16” static draft
- 10-year hull warranty
|Length Overall||32' 0'' / 9.75 m|
|Height on Trailer||
Currently no test numbers
Evinrude E-TEC G2 outboards
Contents of Report
The Shallow Sport 32 X3 has a resolute mission as a pelagic predator that is offshore fishing. While this boat can be used for daytrips or fun on the water with friends and family, nearly every feature inside and out is designed to get to the bite fast and efficiently, while providing a stable platform for offshore fishing enthusiasts. The trimaran design provides wave piercing prowess while the dual tunnels direct the water under the hull. The remarkably efficient Evinrude E-TEC G2 outboards support the mission by providing powerful thrust and remarkable range.
- • Trimaran Hull Design. The design of the hull manages seas while producing a dry ride and side-sea stability at rest.
- • Multiple Livewells. The test boat had the standard 50-gallon (189 L) transom-mounted livewell and an optional 60-gallon (227 L) livewell under the aft-facing bench seating on the leaning post.
- • Multiple Fishboxes. Four fishboxes are mounted in the deck.
- • Leaning Post. The helm seats are molded into the forward side of the leaning post, with cushioned seat and backrest for two. There are side-by-side seats molded into the aft side of the leaning post, facing aft and lower than the helm seats. Four drink holders are mounted on the top of the leaning post. The leaning post had an optional refrigerator mounted on the port side where the standard cooler would be.
- • Quality Construction. The Shallow Draft 32 X3 is 100% composite construction.
- • Forward Casting Platform. The foredeck area has a two-tiered casting platform.
- • Engine Installation. The Evinrude E-TEC G2 outboards feature integrated steering. There are no hydraulic lines, rams or external cylinders to be mounted. Just four bolts affix the engines’ mounting brackets to the transom, and a digital-shift and -throttle mechanism means only wires and fuel line need be connected to the outboards through a tidy harness.
- • 2-Stroke Technology. Evinrude E-TEC G2 outboards provide strong low-end torque because 2-strokes delivers a power stroke from every cylinder on every turn of the crankshaft, while a 4-stroke engine’s pistons make a power stroke on one of every two turns of the crankshaft.
- • Joystick Control. The test boat was equipped with Evinrude’s iDock joystick control system for close-quarters maneuvering. By utilizing the E-TEC G2s integrated steering, the iDock system makes docking simpler.
- • Stainless-Steel Hardware. The Shallow Sport 32 X3 has stainless-steel hardware throughout.
- • 10-Year Hull Warranty. Contact Shallow Sport for details.
The Shallow Sport 32 X3 center console has a length overall of 32’ (9.75 m), a beam of 9’ (2.74 m), and an estimated dry weight of 8,000 lbs. (3,629 kg).
Although BoatTEST.com was not able to test this boat on the day of the walkthrough, the design team at Shallow Sport has tested it and they report that with the twin 300-hp E-TEC G2 outboards spooled up to 5500 rpm, the Shallow Sport 32 X3 reached a top speed of 45 mph. That speed was achieved with three-bladed props, and they tell us they’ve reached 49 mph with four-bladed props. Best economic cruise came in at 4500 rpm and 37 mph. At that speed, the 27.75 gph fuel burn translated into 1.33 mpg and a range of 300 miles with 10% fuel reserve.
The Shallow Sport 32 X3 is available with the remarkable fuel economy of the Evinrude E-TEC G2, owing to the technology inherent in these next-generation engines. These outboards use a state-of-the-art direct-injection system that combines an efficient combustion-chamber design with placement of the spark plugs near the fuel injectors in each cylinder.
Built-in steering, trim and tilt simplify rigging and eliminate hydraulic lines and extraneous equipment, while electronic throttle and shift control simplifies rigging as well.
The lower unit is more streamlined, but also incorporates larger gears, made possible through a simplified electronic control system that uses a small solenoid to actuate the shift function. These and other elements help make the Evinrude E-TEC G2 engines some of the most fuel-efficient outboard engines whether compared to other 2-stroke or 4-stroke outboards on the market.
The trimaran hull form is designed to slice through chop without producing spray, making the ride smooth and dry. Unlike a power catamaran, the Shallow Sport 32 X3 leans into a turn much like a monohull powerboat. With a 9’ (2.74 m) beam and the trimaran hull form, the 32 X3 is more stable when taking seas from the side at rest. The Shallow Sport 32 X3 tracks exceptionally well, especially in following seas where some catamarans exhibit a tendency to yaw.
It’s when she approaches the dock where she really shines, thanks to the Evinrude E-TEC G2s integrated steering working in conjunction with the iDock joystick to allow effortless docking. The system is dialed in, and everything moves exactly as expected.
Developed originally in Hawaii, tuna tubes are designed for difficult-to-keep-alive baits such as bonito, skipjacks, and mackerel. Comprised of vertical tubes fed by the raw-water washdown or livewell pumps. Water enters from the bottom and then exits through a fitting near the top. The bait is placed head-first into the pipe, where it has no choice but to take in a flow of seawater through its mouth and gills. A rounded, funnel-shaped indentation at the bottom accommodates the head nicely.
Boarding Ladders. ABYC standards call for all boats to have a re-boarding ladder that can be reached by someone in the water. The ladder is also required to reach 22” (.56 m) below the waterline.
Following is a boiled-down version of the warranty description for the Shallow Sport 32 X3. It is recommended that consumers read the fine print of all boat and engine warranties, as they are subject to change without notifying us.
Limited Ten-Year Warranty on Hull Structure. Shallow Sport warrants to the first-use purchaser, during the warranty period that the hull of each boat will be free from structural defects in materials and workmanship for a period of TEN (10) years from the date of delivery to the first-use purchaser under normal use and service. The date of delivery to the first-use purchaser is determined by the registration card and the Hull Identification Number located on the boat.
Limited 5-Year Warranty on Deck, Console, and Parts. Shallow Sport warrants to the first-use purchaser during the warranty period that the deck, console, and other parts manufactured by Shallow Sport Boats will be free from structural defects in material and workmanship for a period of FIVE (5) years from the date of delivery to the first-use purchaser under normal use and service. Other products not manufactured by Shallow Sport are not covered under this warranty unless the manufacturer offers a warranty on that product.
Transference of Warranty. The warranties offered by Shallow Sport Boats are transferable and will apply for the remainder of each warranty period so long as the new owner registers with Shallow Sport via the website registration page.
Restrictions Applicable to Warranties.
These limited warranties DO NOT COVER:
- • Paint, windshield, upholstery damage, plastic finishes, engines, engine parts, or any other part not manufactured by SHALLOW SPORT. Any warranty made by the manufacturer of such items will be, if possible, given to the first-use purchaser.
- • Problems caused by improper maintenance, storage, cradling or blocking, normal wear and tear, misuse, neglect, accident, corrosion, improper operation, or improper mating of boat to trailer.
- • Gelcoat cracks, stress cracks, crazing, fading, or changing color. Hairline cracks on the surface of the gel coat are not considered structural damage and will not affect the structural integrity and/or performance of your boat.
- • Any custom work done by Shallow Sport is not covered under warranty.
- • Any custom work done by a party other than Shallow Sport without written consent will result in the termination of the warranty of boat.
Transportation of the boat to and from the warranty center is the responsibility of the purchaser.
Click on the link below to read the full warranty …
Options to Consider
- • Walk-in center console with chaise lounge
- • Cockpit bolsters
- • Tuna Tubes
- • Outrigger bases and outriggers
- • Refrigerator
- • Aluminum T-top with fiberglass hardtop
- • Aluminum bow rails
- • Dual Simrad 12” multi-function displays
- • Ultimate stereo package, including nine speakers and two amplifiers
- • Triple-axle aluminum trailer with dual hydraulic brakes
Shallow Sport has created a highly capable, one-of-a-kind offshore sportfishing boat that can be operated in fairly skinny water. Add the fishing options and the walk-in console with chaise lounge and it is a boat that the whole family will enjoy. It is especially suited for those that have to cross shallow estuaries on the journey to the bite or have a shallow water dock.
Adding in the technology of the E-TEC G2 with its onboard oil tank, iDock system, better torque throughout the power band, and cleanest emissions overall, make this boat even better.