The Ilmor 483-hp MV8 7.4L is matched to a One Drive® sterndrive and the setup fills a gap between the 430-hp sterndrive offering from Mercury and Volvo Penta, and the 520-hp engines offered by Mercury Racing.
Boaters who like a dose of racing heritage with their horsepower may want to learn more about Ilmor Engineering. The Roger Penske-owned company got its start building IndyCar race engines in the 1980s, partnering with GM Chevrolet, Mercedes, and Honda, and today has branched into NASCAR and ARCA. The company waded into the fray with marine racing engines in 2002 with the “SuperCat” Offshore Racing Series of the American Power Boat Association, and established a division to serve that segment in 2004. Ilmor began producing MV8 recreational marine engines in 2010.
- Standard electronic throttle
- Standard closed-cooling, including exhaust manifolds
- Close-fitting heat exchanger with integrated overfill tank
- Performance-tuned aluminum air intake
- Hard-anodized exhaust system
- Molded hoses
- Easy access service points, including oil filter courtesy tray
- 75-hour oil service interval
- 5-year/500-hour factory-backed limited warranty
|Type of Engine|
|Number of Cylinders||8|
|Shaft Length Options|
|Shift Throttle Control|
|Engine Monitoring System|