This is the big-gun in the Mercury MerCruiser line of recreational powerplants. It's designed to put real performance into mid-size express cruisers.
- Mercury-exclusive PCM 555 high-speed microprocessor that optimizes fuel mixture, knock control and ignition timing independently for each cylinder, re
- Distributorless ignition system that improves timing accuracy and eliminates mechanical timing adjustments.
- Closed cooling with 5-year coolant.
- Redesigned exhaust system with aluminum manifolds and stainless steel elbows that is 65 percent lighter and more corrosion-resistant.
- Exclusive Engine Guardian protection senses potential problems and virtually eliminates the chance for engine damage due to overheating, low oil press
- Long individual runner intake manifold design provides optimum torque and horsepower for demanding marine applications
- Sequential fuel and spark control maximizes performance from every engine cylinder
- Convenient remote oil filter location makes oil changes cleaner and makes periodic service simple and less work
- Cartridge-type water-separating fuel filter helps protect fuel system and engine against damage
|Type of Engine|
|Number of Cylinders||8|
|Fuel Delivery||Fuel Injected|
|Shaft Length Options|
|Shift Throttle Control|
|Alternator Output||65 amp|
|Engine Monitoring System|