Rather than succumb to the 4-stroke technology that’s heavier, producing power on every other stroke, Evinrude’s torque is raging at the first stroke of the throttle right up through the last delivering more torque through the RPM range. Evinrude stood it’s ground in the 2-stroke market and rather than inventing new technology; they have made significant improvements on existing technology. They created the first engine to receive the Environmental Agency rating of 3 stars.
The Evinrude 225 H.O is available in several different types: DHL, DHX and HSL. The information on this page represents the DHL type unless specified.
- Evinrude Direct Injection. Computer contolled fuel-injection directly into the cylinder at 250psi for ultra-fine atomization and complete combustion.
- EPA 2006 Emissions Compliant. Meets or exceeds emission standards for EPA 2006, CARB thru 2007, and Lake Tahoe now.
- Warning systems: Audio/visual for overheat, low oil, no oil, water-in-fuel, and Check Engine.
- Top-charge 60-amp alternator. Driven directly by the engine with no brushes or drive belt for extreme reliability and durability.
- FasTrack Power Trim and Tilt
- Fresh water flush port
- Digital Inductive Ignition. Ensures total ignition and prevents spark plug fouling.
|Type of Engine||2-Stroke|
|Number of Cylinders||6|
|Shaft Length Options||20 in for DHL,HSL / 25 in DHX|
|Shift Throttle Control|
|Steering Control||Power Assist|
|Recommended Fuel||87 Octane|
|Engine Monitoring System|