|Length Overall||21' 11''
|Draft Up||N/A||Person Capacity||N/A|
|Draft Down||N/A||Fuel Capacity||
|Air Draft||N/A||Water Capacity||N/A|
|Deadrise/Transom||N/A||Length on Trailer||N/A|
|Max Headroom||open||Height on Trailer||N/A|
|Bridge Clearance||N/A||Trailer Weight||N/A|
|Total Package Weight (Trailer,Boat & Engine)||N/A|
|Prices, features, designs, and equipment are subject to change. Please see your local dealer or visit the builder's website for the latest information available on this boat model.|
|Std. Power||1 x 40-hp Mercury ELPT 4-stroke BigFoot|
|Tested Power||Currently no test numbers|
1 x 20-hp Mercury EL 4-stroke
1 x 25-hp Mercury ELPT 4-stroke
1 x 50-hp Mercury ELPT 4-stroke BigFoot
1 x 60-hp Mercury ELPT 4-stroke EFI BigFoot
1 x 75-hp Mercury ELPT OptiMax
By Capt. Steve--
The seating doesn’t quite accommodate the full 10-person capacity, but the roominess is there.
With a standard 40-hp engine, the mission of the Sun Tracker Fishin' Barge 20 DLX is all about relaxing on the water. Think calm rides across Golden Pond, except without Jane Fonda. Since most of us find a day in the shade with a fishing pole to be as relaxing as lunch on the water, the fishing features are icing on the cake.
Even the teenager will find the Sun Tracker Fishin' Barge 20 DLX easy to relax on.
• 24" (60.96 cm) high-buoyancy, multi-chambered pontoon logs
• Bow and aft fishing positions with 3 fold-down fishing chairs
• Fore and aft rod holders
• Molded fiberglass console with removable windscreen
• AM/FM/CD with MP3 jack and 2 speakers (accepts optional Sirius Satellite Radio package)
• Aft molded compartment with livewell with shutoff valve, drink holder, rod holder, composite lid with ruler and battery storage
• Aft boarding platform with non-skid surface and oversized boarding ladder with large handrails
• Color-keyed 7' (2.13 m) polyester Bimini top with LED courtesy light and changing curtain
• Marine-grade carpet throughout and dual-latching gates that open inward
• Optional Fish Package: Lowrance fishfinder, MotorGuide trolling motor with remote and trolling motor harness
The side gate is wide enough to be wheelchair accessible. Notice the spray fins at the front of the tubes for a drier ride. This one also has the optional trolling motor at the bow.
The single axle trailer is offered as an option. It includes a ladder to board from the bow.
Additional storage is created under the seat cushions with netting.
A lockable storage compartment is discreetly hidden under the seat cushion.
Time to Relax
The more sedate times on the Sun Tracker Fishin' Barge 20 DLX start with the standard 7' (2.13 m) Bimini top. This will surely make the difference between enjoying a day on the water and enduring one. Once on the hook, fire up the optional rail mounted gas grill and get ready for snack at the standard pedestal table. Play some “Moon River” on the standard stereo with MP3 connectivity.
Moveable drink holders attach to the cushions and allow for resting a drink from multiple positions around the boat.
Courtesy lighting keeps the fun going after the sun goes down.
Time to Fish
Two livewells, one under the starboard couch, and another at the aft deck, will keep bait fresh. There are 3 fishing chairs constructed from composite materials. They feature pinchless hinges and secure to the base with screw-in pedestals. Rail mounted rod, drink and tool holders are a convenient standard item and they’re additional vertical rod holders fore and aft. For those wanting to get a little more serious about fishing, an optional package includes a Lowrance X-4 fishfinder and a 55-lb. thrust trolling motor.
Shown is one of the three fishing chairs that is located at the bow. Notice the pinchless hinges and screw in pedestals.
Fore and aft vertical rod holders add convenience and functionality to the fishing mission.
One of the two livewells is located in the forward couch.
The second livewell is in the molded aft compartment. Notice the rod holder and drink holder. A fish ruler is molded into the top of the lid.
Time to get wet
Some may not be into relaxing as much, and in that case the Sun Tracker Fishin' Barge 20 DLX can turn up the heat on watersports. Go ahead and opt up to a 75-hp OptiMax outboard for more speed and then get ready to drop the boards or tubes into the water. An optional ski tower will raise the tow-point up. Maybe even swap out the 22-oz marine grade carpet with a vinyl floor and snap-in carpet for easier cleanups.
The reboarding ladder is oversized for easier boarding but with the hinge point being so low it’s hard to retract from onboard the boat.
The 20 DLX is operated from a helm that has a padded storage shelf for smaller “stuff”. The standard sport wheel has burlwood accents that match the accents on the dash. The windscreen is removable, but we’d consider it more of being replaceable.
The stylish helm adds to the classy look of the 20 DLX. A carry on cooler has dedicated storage.
The following items are part of the Sun Tracker Warranty --
• Ten-Year Bow-to-Stern Warranty -- that means factory-installed workmanship and materials are covered for ten years from the time of purchase, including electrical components, livewells and plumbing, carpet and vinyl, furniture, Bimini top and much more. Your engine is covered by the Mercury manufacturer's warranty.
• Lifetime Limited Structural and Deck Warranty -- provides coverage for pontoon logs, motor pod, other structural elements including deck supports, perimeter fence rails and gates, and more, for the life of the boat.
• Transferability to Second Owner -- the resale value of your boat can be enhanced by provisions to transfer warranty elements to a second owner. Your Sun Tracker dealer can help you put applicable elements into effect when you are ready.
• One-stop Warranty Resolution -- 10+LIFE coverage offers a one-stop solution, eliminating the need to pursue separate warranties with component manufacturers.
• Full Coverage During Warranty Period -- means there is no pro-rating, or reduction of your coverage over time. So the peace of mind you enjoy at the outset carries throughout your coverage period.
In addition, Sun Tracker even backs its optional trailers by warranting the Galvashield steel tubing against structural failure due to corrosion for three years!
While the Sun Tracker Fishin' Barge 20 DLX can be put into action, we like to think of this boat catering to the opposite end of the spectrum. The quiet times spent at slower speeds and enjoying the time spent on the water. With a starting price of $16,595, it’s almost enjoyable to pay for too!
|Outlet: 12-Volt Acc|
= Standard = Optional
|Warranties change from time to time. While BoatTEST.com has tried to ensure the most up-to-date warranty offered by each builder, it does not guarantee the accuracies of the information presented below. Please check with the boat builder or your local dealer before you buy any boat.|