Ranger Boats 178VS (2006-)
The 188VS and 178VS take full advantage by applying Ranger’s legendary performance and customer input to continually add value and competitive functionality to each model. The RITE-TRACK KEEL® keeps more of the hull in the water while fishing, resulting with minimizing lateral drift, promoting easier trolling and solid tracking.
Ranger Boats 178VS (2006-) Captain's Report is archived.
Ranger Boats 178VS (2006-) Test Result Highlights
- Top speed for the Ranger Boats 178VS (2006-) is 55.0 mph (88.5 kph), burning 14.3 gallons per hour (gph) or 54.13 liters per hour (lph).
- Best cruise for the Ranger Boats 178VS (2006-) is 28.8 mph (46.3 kph), and the boat gets 6.78 miles per gallon (mpg) or 2.88 kilometers per liter (kpl), giving the boat a cruising range of 152 miles (244.62 kilometers).
- Tested power is 1 x 150-hp Mercury Optimax Outboard.
- Time to plane for the Ranger Boats 178VS (2006-) is 1.9 sec. seconds.
- Time from 0 to 30 of the Ranger Boats 178VS (2006-) is 4.5 sec. seconds.
For complete test results including fuel consumption, range and sound levels
go to our Test Results
Standard and Optional Equipment
Ranger Boats 178VS (2006-) Warranty
Ranger Boats 178VS (2006-) Warranty Information
|Warranties change from time to time. While BoatTEST.com has tried to ensure the most up-to-date warranty offered by each builder, it does not guarantee the accuracies of the information presented below. Please check with the boat builder or your local dealer before you buy any boat.