One of the good things about Hargrave is that when you tell them how you are going to use your motoryacht, they know immediately what you will need in terms of equipment. Take a look at the list of equipment that was actually installed on Ana C, the boat in the pictures, and you will see how extensive the Hargrave Custom Yachts equipment list really is.
Equipment Describes the Owner
Included in that $4.5 million price are 10 pages of items (see below). A careful review of the equipment that the owner has specified, or has taken Hargrave’s recommendation about, tells us a lot about how this boat is going to be used by this particular owner. Let’s take a look at a few things—
*Bow and stern thrusters
-- The owner has a captain but often he likes to take the boat out by himself and the thrusters make docking ever so easy when there is a strong breeze or current in the marina.
*3 Freeman hatches
– This is a Hargrave standard. The rugged, dog down Freeman hatches can take tons of water without leaking into the lazarette or chain locker. The owner will be using his boat most of the time in the Caribbean where things can get pretty sloppy.
*9 square feet Naiad stabilizers
– Typically, 7 square feet fins would be specified for this size boat, but the owner and Hargrave agreed that it would be better to give up a knot of top speed and have a more comfortable ride.
*Enough BTUs in AC
to turn the entire boat into a meat locker – The owner has installed isinglass under his large hardtop on the flying bridge and plans to keep it, and the rest of the boat, cool. In the Caribbean, the hot sun and warm water conspire to make cooling difficult, so Hargrave has loaded the boat up with AC BTUs –149,000 to be exact.
*Headhunter Waste Treatment System
– Headhunter is the Mercedes of WC and waste treatment systems and that is why it is standard equipment on all Hargraves.
*Hot Water Re-circulating Pump
– Standard on Hargrave yachts because every owner wants to pamper his guests and to make sure they don’t have to wait for hot water.
*Honeycomb Core for Cabinets,
shelves and non-structural joinerwork -- Weight means lower speeds and more fuel consumed. Hargrave has taken 5 tons of weight out of hull #1 of their 76 series by using light ply and honeycomb in the joinery, plus using MAN engines instead of Cats.
*MAN 12-V, 1550-hp Diesel Engines
– Hargrave Custom Yachts usually only installs Caterpillar engines, so this is an important departure. The owner wanted twin MANs and he got them. The MANs saved 2,000 lbs. total over the Cat C-32s which Hargrave normally installs.
*Teak Deck in the Main Saloon
– Teak in the main saloon of a motoryacht of this size is unusual and this tells us – along with clean, simple décor – that the owner wanted a modern-looking boat rather than a more traditional motoryacht treatment.
*Hard Top and Radar Mast
– A hard top not only provides important shade, it also provides a large platform to mount electronics gear as well as isinglass. With isinglass the owner can create another large all-weather living area for very little extra expense. And he’ll keep it cool with 48,000 BTUs of AC.
*Stidd “Admiral” Seat
– This owner knows his brands and wants to go first class.
*Enough Electronics to Run a Battleship
– The owners will have duplicate readouts at both helm stations and redundancy in radar, VHF, gps, and chartplotters. The owner has owned nine boats and knows what he needs.
Below is the actual equipment specification list for hull #1 of Hargrave Custom Yacht’s new 76 Series. Take a good look at this list and you will discover that little if anything was left off. Her price of $4,499,220 is all inclusive. Click here for 10-page equipment list on the Hargrave 76 Ana C ...
Test Result Highlights
- Top speed for the Hargrave 76 Ana C (2013-) is 25.5 mph (41 kph), burning 169.0 gallons per hour (gph) or 639.67 liters per hour (lph).
- Best cruise for the Hargrave 76 Ana C (2013-) is 17.4 mph (28 kph), and the boat gets 0.23 miles per gallon (mpg) or 0.1 kilometers per liter (kpl), giving the boat a cruising range of 411 miles (661.44 kilometers).
- Tested power is Man D2842 LE433 (V12) 1550-hp.
Standard and Optional Features
|Dripless Shaft Seals||Standard|
|Washdown: Fresh Water||Standard|
Boats More Than 30 Feet
|Oil Change System||Standard|
Full Warranty Information on this brand coming soon!
Pricing Range: $4,499,220.00
Price as Tested: $4,499,220.00 Prices, features, designs, and equipment are subject to change. Please see your local dealer or visit the builder's website for the latest information available on this boat model.