Volvo Penta 8.1GXi (420-hp)
Gasoline Sterndrive - According to Volvo Penta, nothing beats a V-8 gasoline big block for true operating pleasure!
The 8.1GXi is a modern engine with electronic fuel injection and electronic control for faster engine response and safe starting in all weather. A truly robust design and an advanced monitoring system ensures high reliability.
The Duoprop drive with twin counter-rotating propellers delivers unbeatable acceleration and handling under all operating conditions. Power steering and trim are standard.
- Cylinder block and cylinder heads made of cast iron for good corrosion resistance
- Valve train consisting of single camshaft hydraulic valve lifters, push rods and two valves per cylinder
- Two adjustable rubber mounts, one on each side of the engine, and two between transom shield assembly and engine
- Pressure lubrication system with full-flow oil filter of spin-on type
- Fuel filter with water separator
- Electrocoated exhaust risers and manifolds
- ECM unit ensures constant optimum performance with diagnostic capability
- 75 A alternamtor with internal transistorized voltage drop compensation
- Audio alarm kit -- engine oil pressure and temperature as well as exhaust overheat
Volvo Penta 8.1GXi (420-hp) (Sterndrive) Specifications
||496.00 cu / 8,127.98 cc
|Number of Cylinders
||1,271.00 lbs / 576.52 kg
|Full Throttle RPM
||4600 - 5000
|Engine Control System