Mercury MerCruiser MX 6.2 Black Scorpion (340-hp)
The MX 6.2 Black Scorpion is an exclusive engine built for the tow sports market. This engine ensures maximum torque and pulling power for watersports.
- Long-stroke 377CID/6.2L engine with tunnel-ram intake system customized by MerCruiser produces an awesome 340hp/254kw and 385 ft lbs of torque for arm
- Custom 'S' pipe exhaust system provides unobstructed exhaust flow for maximum power and runs underneath transmission mounts, opening up more foot room
- Standard built-in flush system simplifies maintenance by allowing you to attach a garden hose to the engine flush port on top of the engine.
- One-piece serpentine belt means easier servicing, less maintenance, unsurpassed belt life, and requires less horsepower to drive the engine accessorie
- Water-separating fuel filter ensures clean and pure fuel for reliable performance.
- MerCruiser multiport injection system provides dependable turn-key starts, optimized fuel/air distribution to each cylinder, digital electronic spark
- Hypereutectic aluminum alloy pistons for increased strength.
- Exclusive remote mounted oil filter place the oil filter within reach for simple, clean oil changes. Along with the easy oil drain system, MerCruiser
- Exclusive easy oil drain system simplifies routine maintenance allowing engine oil to be drained through a hose that exits through the boat's standard
Mercury MerCruiser MX 6.2 Black Scorpion (340-hp) (Inboard) Specifications
Mercury MerCruiser MX 6.2 Black Scorpion (340-hp) Captain's Report
All MerCruiser® gasoline engines are designed to run on 87-octane fuel making them less expensive to operate than engines that require a higher-octane rating.
Standard audio alarm system warns of low oil pressure, high water temperature, and excessive transmission temperature, reducing chances of engine or transmission damage.
Color-coded service points for easy identification of key service areas (yellow -engine oil; blue - engine coolant; brown - transmission fluid).
Engines incorporate roller valve lifters, improving efficiency for increased horsepower and performance.
65-amp/917-watt alternator fully charges the battery for dependable starting with extra capacity to handle additional electrical accessories. Alternator is located high on the engine to avoid water contamination.
One-piece serpentine belt means easier servicing, less maintenance, unsurpassed belt life, and requires fewer horsepower to drive the engine accessories.
Heavy-duty water-circulating pump uses a stainless steel shaft, bronze impeller and special seal for long life.
Sealed flywheel housing protects starter from water damage for added resistance to the elements.
Remote water-separating fuel filter ensures dependable starts and performance by removing water and solid particles from fuel before they reach the fuel system.
High-capacity seawater pump provides up to 32 gal/121L of water per minute to handle even the most rigorous cooling demands.