Mercury MerCruiser 500 EFI (470-hp)
Mercury Racing sterndrives continue to lead the marine industry with precision craftsmanship combined with state-of-the-art technology, durability and reliability. The 500 EFI is the introduction to the big block racing machines for MerCruiser. It's used in APBA offshore racing as well as consumer boats.
- Precision CNC machined 502 C.I.D. cast iron cylinder block.
- Forged 4340 steel, fully machined and shot-peened Mercury Racing connecting rods.
- MEFI 3 ignition system precisely controls both idle speed and detonation.
- Multiport fuel injection system incorporates a high-flow throttle body and tuned intake manifold developed exclusively by Mercury Racing.
- The oil thermostat and a Positive Crankcase Ventilation (PCV) valve work together to reduce the buildup of condensation in the oil. The PCV valve also
- A hydraulic roller camshaft, which improves low-end torque, offers higher level of performance and aids fuel economy.
- Standard with 1.36:1 or 1.50:1 gear ratio Bravo One XZ drive in either right-hand or left-hand rotation.
- Bravo One XR, Bravo One XR Sport Master, Bravo One Short Sport Master and Dry-Sump Six drive options available.
- Dual-water pickup and low-water pickup gearcase housings for Bravo One XZ and Bravo One XR drives.
Mercury MerCruiser 500 EFI (470-hp) (Inboard) Specifications
||502.00 cu / 8,226.31 cc
|Number of Cylinders
||1,113.00 lbs / 504.85 kg
||39 in / 34 in / 22 in
|Full Throttle RPM