Mercury MerCruiser 496 MAG HO (425-hp)
The new high-tech 496 MAG HO (high-output version) represents the next generation of powerful, smart, virtually maintenance-free engines. The PCM 555 microprocessor is built right in, so you can take advantage of everything SmartCraft™ has to offer in the way of increased performance and convenience. And by incorporating Horizon™ engine technology, it offers a 3-year extended maintenance interval (except for periodic fluid-level checks and seasonal oil and filter changes).
- Compatible Drives: Bravo One X, XR, Bravo Two X, Bravo Three X, XR
- Distributorless ignition system that improves timing accuracy and eliminates mechanical timing adjustments.
- Closed cooling with 5-year coolant.
- Redesigned exhaust system with aluminum manifolds and stainless steel elbows that is 65 percent lighter and more corrosion-resistant.
- Dry-joint technology that reduces the potential for water leakage in exhaust components and improves corrosion resistance in the exhaust system.
- Innovative new single-point air-actuated raw water drain system, which enables boaters to extend their boating season into the cold months.
- Bronze seawater pump for longer life and more durability.
- Billet steel special profile camshaft with roller followers provide quiet operation and increased performance.
- Platinum-tipped spark plugs to ensure long life and trouble-free starts.
Mercury MerCruiser 496 MAG HO (425-hp) (Inboard) Specifications
||496.00 cu / 8,127.98 cc
|Number of Cylinders
||1,199.00 lbs / 543.86 kg
||35 in / 33 in / 24 in
|Full Throttle RPM