Honda's 2HP is perfect for canoes, small tenders, and inflatables. At only 26.7 lbs, it's the lightest 4-stroke engine in the world. Many small differences like the centrifugal clutch and 360 degree steering are features you have to use to appreciate. And because it's a Honda, you can expect long term durability and clean, quiet operation.
The Honda 2-HP is available in two different types: S and L. The information on this page represents the S type unless specified.
- World-renowned Honda quality combines proven reliability and superior fuel efficiency, with no oil mixing.
- Easy to transport, the BF2 is perfect for small tenders and canoes.
- The only 4-stroke in its class, Honda Marine’s BF2 is lighter than most 2-strokes.
- Models available with centrifugal clutch that is able to maintain a smooth idle and then, when the throttle is advanced, automatically engage the prop
- Maintenance-free, high-energy output for quick and easy starts.
- BF2’s air-cooled block eliminates concern over clogged water pumps
- A twist grip throttle allows for precise throttle control while the throttle tensioner minimizes driver fatigue.
- Provides superior portability and ease of installation.
- Provides excellent maneuverability in tight areas as well as more reverse thrust
Honda 2-HP (Outboard) Specifications
|Type of Engine
|Number of Cylinders
||27.00 lbs / 12.25 kg
||3.00 cu / 49.16 cc
|Shaft Length Options
||15 in for S / 20 in for L
Honda 2-HP Captain's Report
Weighing in at just 27 pounds, Honda Marine’s BF2 is the lightest four-stroke outboard engine anywhere in the world.
It’s also the most fuel-efficient.
Featuring an integrated fuel tank, Centrifugal Clutch, and Integrated Carrying Handle, the BF2 is also extremely portable.
The BF2 from Honda Marine…Big Performance In A Small Package.