Honda BF 135
The 135 horsepower engine delivers some of the most advanced technology ever seen in an outboard. It boasts Honda's exclusive Dual Stage Induction, a variable air intake manifold that delivers top performance at every speed.
The Honda BF 135 is available in two different types: L and X. The information on this page represents the L type unless specified.
- Lean Burn Feedback Control utilizes a linear air-fuel sensor that automatically adjusts the air/fuel mix according to speed and load to maximize fuel
- Three separate cooling systems keep the cylinder had cooler for more long-term durability.
- Engine command system receives constant input from 18 different sensors to deliver instant starts, smooth operation, strong performance and excellent
- "On demand," belt-driven alternator reduces heat buildup and provides superior battery charging capability.
- Linear air fuel and knock sensors help determine the correct fuel flow and ignition curve.
- Patented non-linear rubber mounts provide smoother operation at all engine speeds.
- Built-in pilot tube in the gear case eliminates the need to drill holes in your boat for installation.
- 3-year limited warranty
- Honda Exclusives like VTEC (Variable Valve Timing and Lift Electronic Control) and Lean Burn Feedback Control conspire to make the BF135 one of the mo
Honda BF 135 (Outboard) Specifications
|Type of Engine
|Number of Cylinders
||478.00 lbs / 216.82 kg
||144.00 cu / 2,359.74 cc
|Shaft Length Options
||20 in for L / 25 in for X
Honda BF 135 Captain's Report
Honda Outboards: Rated #1 in Customer Satisfaction by J.D. Power & Associates
Fundamentally the same as the BF150, the powerful, compact 2.4 liter Honda BF135 boasts the Lean Burn Feedback and Three-Way Cooling Systems; Dual Overhead Cam (DOHC) Technology and Dual Stage Induction to make this engine unbeatable in its class.
In addition, the BF135 engine uses Multi-Port Programmed Fuel Injection that delivers a precise amount of air/fuel to each cylinder under all operating speeds and conditions. This means that the boater will experience quick starts, instant throttle response, powerful performance and low fuel consumption.
“The powerful, revolutionary Honda BF150 and BF135 engines are setting the standard in technological innovations for engines of their size,” said Robin Senger, Honda Marine Marketing. “Their unique combination of performance, efficiency, and value is really resonating with customers.”
Like all Honda engines, the BF150 and BF135 exceed the 2006 EPA emissions standards. Both the Honda BF150 and BF135 models come in 20-inch and 25-inch shaft sizes. The suggested retail prices of the BF150 engine models range from $14,070 to $14,610. Suggested retail prices of the BF135 outboard engines range from $12,580 to $13,125, depending on the model. All new Honda outboard engines for recreational use have a limited, 3-year warranty that is the same on the last day as it is on the first.