Evinrude E-TEC 150 H.O.
For the last several years Evinrude has made some bold claims about the properties of their E-TEC line of engines... things such as extended life, years before requiring initial maintenance, and then there’s that "continuing to run with no oil" claim. We decided to take an in-depth look at some of the components in a typical E-TEC, in this case the 150-HO model, and see what it is that makes them... well, what they are. But more to the point, we set out to answer the question of what is different about them, and can they keep running for up to five hours
with no oil.
The Evinrude 150 H.O. is available in several different types: DHL and HSL. The information on this page represents the DHL type unless specified.
- Limited Warranty: 3-Years Non-Declining
- Engine type: V6 60° E-TEC DI
- Recommended fuel: 87 Octane
- Emissions compliance: Meets Highest Emissions Standards Worldwide
- Alternator output: 133 Amps Total Output/ 50 Amps Net Dedicated
- Recommended Oil: Evinrude/Johnson XD100 Oil
- Proshaft HP: Factory Tuned for High Performance
- Full Throttle RPM Range: 4850-5850 tr/min
- Lubrication: Multi-point, targeted oiling
Evinrude E-TEC 150 H.O. (Outboard) Specifications
|Type of Engine
|Number of Cylinders
||418.00 lbs / 189.60 kg
||158.20 cu / 2,592.43 cc
|Shaft Length Options
||20 in for DHL,HSL
||133 A Total - Net Dedicated 50 A