Premier 290 Grand Isle SL (2013-)
Premier is one of the most innovative toon makers and with the 290 Grand Isle SL with the optional 10' (3.04 m) beam she could hold a small orchestra. This triple-toon has a rated capacity of 18 people, so that is a good start. Her outside tube diameter is 25" and in the PTX high-performance version her center toon is 36" and has a pad. With enough outboard power strapped to her stern she can also scoot.
- 13'6'' Evolution Bimini
- Twister carpet
- Flexsteel 7-Star chair and couches
- Lounge arm changing room
- Vanity mirror center in changing room
- Calypso gauges
- 4 high-performance speakers & 10" subwoofer
- Hickory steering wheel
- LED lighting package
Premier 290 Grand Isle SL (2013-) Specifications
|Prices, features, designs, and equipment are subject to change. Please see your local dealer or visit the builder's website for the latest information available on this boat model.
Premier 290 Grand Isle SL (2013-)Engine options
Currently no test numbers
Premier 290 Grand Isle SL (2013-) Captain's Report
The Mission of the Premier Grand Isle 290 SL
In either the standard version with an 8'6" beam (2.59 m) or in the 10" (0.25 m) beam version the 290 SL is intended for unrestricted entertaining. Because she is a tri-toon by applying enough horsepower, she can also be used for watersports such as towing skiers or wakeboarders.
The wide stance of the two outboards gives it excellent maneuverability.
●Center Toon Design. The 290's center toon is 36" wide, has a flat bottom and has flat sections on the side rather than being rounded. The flat bottom acts as a pad would on a mono hull, giving her better times to plane and a higher top speed than she should have with a rounded tube bottom.
●Wide-Stance Twin Engines. By placing the twin outboard engines outboard instead of a single on the centerline, Premier is able to build a large, stair-like boarding ladder on the centerline which is the most comfortable arrangement we have ever seen on a toon for reboarding.
●Best in Class Warranty. Premier has a lifetime warranty on the deck, tubes and furniture frames and 7 years on its Nano block vinyl upholstery. The rest of the Premier components are warranted for five years "stem-to-stern."
This Flexsteel lounge is high-tech and comfortable. Its frame has a lifetime warranty. No wood is used in its construction.
●ISO 9001:2008 Certified. The ISO (International Organization for Standardization) is a global network that identifies international standards, then creates assessment mechanisms so the builder can meet those standards in a repeatable way.
Major Standard Equipment
● 30" PTX package
● 25" outer tubes
● 11' Bimini top
● Aft vinyl deck
● Flexsteel chair and sofas
● Lounge arm changing room
● 5-step ss swim ladder
Layout plan for the standard 290 SL. Layouts can be customized for each owner.
• PTX Package - The PTX performance package was designed to provide sportboat handling to larger pontoons that are able to accommodate higher horsepower. Famed marine design engineer Fred Cotey was tasked to bring his years of experience with Hydrostream Racing Boats to create a center pontoon tube that would enable sportboat-like handling. The result is the PTX Performance Package.
A lifting strake is added to the inside of each of the outer tubes. The center tube is flat at the bottom to serve as a lifting pad, beveled edges help the pontoon lean into the turns.
• Tube design. The twin outer tubes are 25” (63.5 cm) in diameter and are secured to the deck with M-brackets. Lifting strakes are added only to the insides of the outer tubes. The center tube is 36” (91.4 cm) across with a 12” (30.5 cm) pad at the bottom that acts as a lifting surface to give quick times to plane. The edges of the center tube are beveled to allow the pontoon the ability to roll into the turns.
All tubes are made in two pieces creating a single seam in the center of the length. Notice the shims raising the fences off the deck so water is not trapped on deck.
• Curved Bimini Supports – This adds a bit of style to what would otherwise be just squared off rails. The frame is also quite beefy with 2” (5 cm) square channels.
• Reinforced Deck Corners– Errant captains who tag the dock need not worry about damage, for the most part. The corners of the deck, as well as the front of the tubes, are protected against impact by rubber protecting strips and reinforced corners.
The raised helm console puts the driver above the passengers. The steering wheel is made of Hickory wood.
• NANO Block Upholstery. Premier claims to be the only pontoon manufacturer to offer soft and durable NANO Block Technology (NBT) vinyl. NBT has a NANO UV inhibitor that protects vinyl upholstery from mildew and other microbials up to three times longer than industry-standard finishes while maintaining and preserving the color longer, says the builder. It also protects against marks from ball point pens, grease, oil, etc.
Premier is one of the top-tier pontoon boat builders in the U.S. Its materials and processes of building is quality-oriented from start to finish. Perhaps most importantly the company will work with any buyer to customize anything necessary to adapt one of its models to an owner's needs.
This boat is like an aircraft carrier. The Premier 290 with a 10'(0.25 m) beam is the boat to have for those with wheel-chair bound passengers or those wanting the largest boat on the lake.
Standard and Optional Equipment
Premier 290 Grand Isle SL (2013-) Warranty
Premier 290 Grand Isle SL (2013-) Warranty Information
|Warranties change from time to time. While BoatTEST.com has tried to ensure the most up-to-date warranty offered by each builder, it does not guarantee the accuracies of the information presented below. Please check with the boat builder or your local dealer before you buy any boat.|
||5-year bow-to-stern limited warranty
||Limited lifetime warranty