|Max Headroom||open||Bridge Clearance||N/A|
|Std. Power||Monsoon 410-hp 409/L96 6.0L CAT|
|Tested Power||Currently no test numbers|
Monsoon 450-hp 427/LS3 6.2L CAT
Monsoon 555-hp 572/LSA 6.2L non CAT
Monsoon 410-hp 409/L96 6.0L CAT with chrome package
The Malibu Wakesetter 24 MXZ was created to serve as the new flagship of the builder's popular pickle-forked MXZ line. She’s built off the foundation of the 22, which was released last year at Surf Expo, and is designed to create wakes with features that appeal to professional level surfers and boarders.
She doesn’t have to be going for max wakes all the time. In cruise mode, the 24 MXZ cuts cleanly through the water with her performance hull.
Her keel mounted fins help ensure that the 24 MXZ will track straight and true even when the end of the towline is pulling from side to side.
The Malibu Wakesetter 24 MXZ is designed for serious wakeboarders and surfers with a lot of friends. Some of what make her a standout are:
• Surf Gate. This is a hull attachment that is completely controlled by the touch screen. It allows adjustment of two, large tabs at the stern of the boat not -- in a traditional horizontal plane but in a vertical plane. Activating the port "gate" causes the starboard wave to clean up for Wake Surfing; the reverse is true for activation of the starboard gate. The 24 MXZ was designed to attack every on-the-water activity imaginable, and thanks to the optional Surf Gate, the time to switch between them is significantly reduced. This allows more time to focus on the watersports, rather than the setup.
The vertical "gates" of the "Surf Gate" system eliminates the need to shift internal ballast when switching from a port to starboard wake.
• MaliView Dash with Malibu Touch Command. Easy to operate touch screen controls allow the operator to take command of everything from cruise, presets, media, lights, ballast… basically everything from stem to stern. Bluetooth technology even allows you to control audio and write presets from your smart phone.
• Power Wedge Wake Foil. To create a larger wake simply put more of the boat in the water. The power wedge does this with the push of a button and then save that favorite spot on a preset. Activate the auto wedge setting and realize fuel savings and faster time to plane. Quicker times to plane and lower bow rise means less RPM needed to pull rider on the water.
The "Power Wedge" is Malibu's patented wave maker.
• Wakeview flip up seating. This allows more people to be facing aft towards the end of the towline and lessens the need for playing musical chairs to find the best seat in the house when a crowd is onboard and wants to watch the show astern.
• Rear prep bench. This, combined with the water level swim platform creates the perfect staging area for putting boards on.
The swim platform on the Wakesetter 24 MXZ is long and low to make putting the boards on easy and comfortable. Not the port "gate".
• 1,450-lbs (658 kg) of hard-tank ballast. Increase the size of the wake by increasing the ballast in the boat to get her lower in the water. The ballast (up to 173 gallons) is all controlled by the MaliView dash with all settings saved as presets.
With Malibu's pickle-fork bow, the wide beam is carried further forward allowing for more room in the bow area.
The performance dash of the 24 MXZ is reminiscent of a high-end sports car.
No worries about filling up the racks on the tower as there's plenty of storage to go around on the 24 MXZ.
Clearly Malibu has positioned itself as a company that continually challenges itself and strives to upgrade its products. While it would have been easy enough to sit on the accolades received from the immensely popular 22 MXZ, that's just not the Malibu way. The new, optional "Surf Gate" wake system is a clever innovative device that seems to create a high, clean wake for both wakeboarding and wakesurfing.
Finally, because the Malibu 24 MXZ is an inboard boat she is safe for boarders riding close to the transom.
|Dripless Shaft Seals|
|Washdown: Raw Water|
= Standard = Optional
|Warranties change from time to time. While BoatTEST.com has tried to ensure the most up-to-date warranty offered by each builder, it does not guarantee the accuracies of the information presented below. Please check with the boat builder or your local dealer before you buy any boat.|
Full Warranty Information on this brand coming soon!